Ohmygoshi
When I graduated high school, I had these grandiose plans of going to college and coming out with an AMAZING, well-paid job, and would be living The Dream. That would be that. Life would be started, and there would be no looking back.

Fast forward 4 years and 1 economic crisis later, I found myself sitting front-row at my college graduation thinking "Hmm...this is now how I imagined this would go...". Needless to say, I've spent the last year nannying my way through unemployment. It's been an unforgettable experience, to say the least. I've met some of the most adorable, and intelligent little kids, and I've even made friends with (most) of their moms. Being a nanny is so much fun. The hours are great, the pay is fabulous. But it's not what I went to school for, and most certainly not what I dreamt about those 5 years ago when I was gleefully accepting my high school diploma.

It's all coming to an end. You see, I've been keeping a secret from you. I got myself a really sweet internship, doing exactly what I want to be doing, at a company that could not be more perfect for me. Tomorrow is my first day. I've spent the past year looking for this opportunity, and I beyond thrilled that it finally came through for me. While it means saying goodbye to some awesome families I've been working with, it also means that this could finally be the jumpstart I've been anxiously waiting for. I'm nervous, excited, and yet scared to death of how tomorrow is going to go. I'm starting a week after the other interns, so I'm the new girl coming in, after they've already had time to bond and make friends with each other. I've never been good at the first day, let alone being new.

Despite that though, I've been counting down the days until the 16th, and now it's finally here!

After 402 days, my summer vacation is finally coming to an end.

5 Responses
  1. Anamarie Says:

    That was a super awesome post!


  2. I'm so glad, Amanda! We're going to have to celebrate next week. Thoughts? :D



  3. Mandy Says:

    Woooo! Congrats, so happy for you. I want to hear all about it! Email me! mandy (dot) smalltowngirl (at) gmail (dot) com oh and we need to talk about July 10th when I'll be in DC!


  4. Can't wait to see you tomorrow and hear all about it over cocktails!!


Post a Comment