Ohmygoshi
I suppose it's about that time that I do a post for 2010. So far, we're 18 days in to the new year! Congrats to making it this far!! So, tell me all about it, old friend. How've your last 18 days been?? Did Santa treat you well last Christmas? How are those resolutions coming? I think my favorite story was from my cousin who's New Year's Resolution lasted all of 45 minutes into the new year. Oh well, what can you do? Sometimes the drunk munchies are just too overwhelming, and the wings are powerful!

I kicked the new year off with a wedding (not mine, sadly enough. But I did manage to catch the bouquet that was thrown DIRECTLY AT MY FACE). After that, I hightailed it back to snowy DC, where I've spent the last two weeks hanging out with the most adorable, and articulate 2.5 year old and her 3 month old brother. Seriously, this kid is 2.5 going on 35. She speaks in full, clear, paragraphs, and if given the opportunity, I could quote her for days. I get chastised for being too silly, and she has to remind me that strollers are NOT race cars, and do NOT go vroom! You know it's bad when the little kid is telling you to be mature. We do all kinds of fun thing together, because I can only stand to read so many books and play with her play farm animals for so many hours, so we've taken field trips to the zoo, All Fired Up, and various play places. She's a hoot, and I'm so lucky to have found her, her rocking mom, and her sweet (albeit extremely cranky at times) brother. This little person provides endless entertainment, and countless laughs. She's a constant reminder to just how awesome little kids can be.

Is it just me, or does 2010 (twenty ten? two thousand ten?) seem to be The Year of The Wedding? As I mentioned, I was already at one wedding this year, I know of two more happening in April, I have a Save The Date on my board for May, I know there are multiple ones taking place in June, and at least one other friend is expecting something sparkly sometime this year. Um...hello single friends, where did you all go?? Not that I'm against getting married! I'm all for it, and all the lovely, mushy stuff that comes with it!! Yay for marriage! But really, did y'all have to go and do it at the same time? Oye! I only have one request: don't forget us single ladies and please make sure to invite all the groom's hot and single guy friends! This. Is. Key.

This year, I have narrowed it down to three areas of my life that need improving:
  1. Job
  2. Gym
  3. Love life
The JGL, if you will (NOT to be confused with The Jersey Shore's "GTL: Gym, Tanning, Laundry". That's an entirely separate post). That's all I want. Really. Is that too much to hope for? I certainly don't think so! This year is already starting to fly by. January is already half over!!! Before we know it, it will be April, and then June, and then October, and then Christmas again! Dear Father Time, please slooowww down a little, and give us some time to breathe! Who knows where I'll be this time next year. While I'm exactly where I wanted to be location wise, I'm certainly not where I wanted to be career wise. But, life happens, and I can't really remember the last time life actually went the way I originally planned.

Ohh how I've missed blogging. I really have. One would think that if I missed it so much, I would blog more often, but like I said to my mom about coming home "I have to leave in order to want to come back". It's true! The weight and pressure of having to post everyday is absolutely draining. It's nice to know, however, that when I do need it, my blog is still here for me to post all my mundane thoughts. So with that, I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes from my new favorite 2.5 year old:

Her: Did you miss me?
Me: I did! Did you miss me???
Her: Yes. But, now we found each other, and we're together again.
Seriously, does it get any cuter than that?! Goodnight, folks!
2 Responses
  1. 2010 has been a good one for me so far, though no great shakes yet, I suppose. Feeling good, though.

    I don't have any weddings on tap for 2010, but I'm sure they're a'comin'... ugh. Maybe 2010 will be the year I can get so far as DATING?!

    PS: I LOVE ALL FIRED UP SO MUCH.


  2. Mandy Says:

    It does seem to be a year for weddings. My stepsister randomly decided to get married last weekend (they literally decided and then were married 10 days later). My cousin is getting married this Saturday and one of the BFFs became engaged on Christmas is planning a wedding for NYE 2010.

    I'm glad you're back. I missed you!


Post a Comment