Ohmygoshi
8 years is a long time to pass, and yet there are certain things I think I will always remember.

  1. That morning at the bus stop, my friend had told me about her crazy dream where planes exploded in the sky.
  2. Instead of watching morning announcements that day, we took a test. It wasn't until after that we learned what happened.
  3. 4th period was Biology. We watched the south tower fall.
  4. My teacher was near tears because her mom was a Flight Attendant, and she couldn't get in touch with her.
  5. When I got home, my mom was sitting on the floor in front of the TV.

Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. LindzML Says:

    I do not remember a THING that was on that test (we had Mrs. Collier together, right? I had my test 3rd period, too)...all I remember was trying to finish as quickly as possible and then calling my mom in 4th to make sure she knew.

    And then I remember the way people lashed out at Sadiyah and Zainab and others that wore headscarves, etc. That day brought a whole lot of hurt. I can't forget that part.


  2. Mandy Says:

    I had a friend who was supposed to be in the city that day, he did business in the South Tower on occasion. I tried for hours and hours to call him. When I finally received an email saying he was ok and had never made it out of NJ I cried.


Post a Comment