Ohmygoshi
The other night I had a dream in which someone had a red Starbucks cup. I remember distinctly thinking "Red Starbucks cup!! That must mean Christmas is nearly here!"

The thermometer may read 88 degrees Farenheit, but the trees are saying something different. They are beginning their journey to a long winter nap. The leaves are starting to fall off the heavy branches, and if you look closely enough, you might be able to spot a red or yellow leaf here or there. Every so often, there is a slight breeze in the air that lets you know that Fall is not too far away. This has been a moderate summer here in DC. The weather has been agreeable for the most part, with only a handful of unbearable days.

But still, I find myself counting down the days til I can start wearing my warm sweaters and jackets again; the days when it's cold enough to wear boots and jeans. I'm anxious for Pumpkin pie and warm apple cider. I miss the crisp air and the orange and red glow that radiates from the trees as a result of a perfect combination of sun and trees. I love the idea of Fall festivals, hay rides, and pumpkin picking.

I can't wait til Thanksgiving, when people get together to do nothing more than enjoy each others company. The Christmas season may still be months away, but it will be here before we know it. Sitting in a dark room, illuminated by a glowing fire and Christmas tree is one of my favorite favorite things to do all year long.

Cliche as it may be, the stockings hung by the fireside, the bubble lights glimmering in the dark, and soft Christmas caroles playing in the background, that's my idea of perfection.


5 Responses
  1. Lexilooo Says:

    I'm always waiting for fall...my favorite season!


  2. chickbug Says:

    love the fall and holiday season....but you sre too funny! it is SO HOT, I can't even think about cold weather. it seems like it will never happen.


  3. Mandy Says:

    I am a summer gal but I do love fall too. Just this morning on my drive in to work I saw a tree whose leaves were starting to change. I was both happy and sad about that.


  4. magdathunder Says:

    Ahh! Can't WAIT for September, October, November, December. Best time of the year EVER.

    I keep looking at my boots in the closet, trying to figure out how to integrate them into my outfits. Not yet. But soon.

    Beautifully written, too : )


  5. LindzML Says:

    I'm excited to get out of Florida and experience a real set of seasons...though that probably won't be for several years. I'm glad you're getting another taste of it!

    The only thing I can suggest is not to look too much into the future that you don't enjoy the rest of your summer. Gotta love it all (and who's to say you can't enjoy time with family and friends in July? I happen to remember a pretty fab evening involving you, me, margaritas at Carlos and Charlies and a whole lotta Transformers ;) ). xoxox


Post a Comment