Ohmygoshi
There are times when I wish...
...I had the stomach to be a doctor, the brains to be a biochemist, or the grace to be a ballerina.

...I had the timing to be a comedian, the courage to be a soldier, or the vision to be an architect.

...I had the talent to win an Olympic gold-medal, the charm to be an actor, or the knowledge to be an inventor.

...I had the patience to be a teacher, the powers to save the world, or the money to feed the hungry.

...I had the words to write a novel, the money to see the world, or the ears to hear music before it's written.

...I had the creativity to be a designer, the spontaneity to be an adventurer, or the camera to be a photographer.

There are times when I wish I had 10x more than I do now. I wish for the skies and the stars to all be mine. I wish for the ability to fly and be free from the gravity that is pulling me down. I wish for money in the bank to cure all my problems.

But then there are the times when I look around and see my friends waiting for our next adventure through DC, or my family with their arms wide open for me. I see the filled photo frames and the diplomas as missions accomplished. I see the uncertainty of what's next as a blank canvas ready to be explored and painted with the colors of my choosing.

So, I tuck the wishes and dreams away, saving them for shooting stars, birthday candles, and wishbones. I already have more than I could ever wish for.
4 Responses
  1. Auburn Kat Says:

    I wish that I could sleep in again tomorrow! =)


  2. Steph Says:

    I love this post! Its beautiful.


  3. Mandy Says:

    I'm a moron and was editing a friends blog but didn't sign out before commenting on your blog. All those comments from "Steph" are from me.


  4. index.html Says:

    Very well put. Everyone wants more, but you still have to be grateful for what you have.

    P.S. I live in the DC area too.

    ~Tellie


Post a Comment