Ohmygoshi
I am not a mother. I don't have funny stories about the adorable things my baby did, or fond memories of pregnancy and I don't own any onesies, strollers, or formula. And the only pump I've ever been familiar with is the one at the gas station. Yet, last week, my heart broke for the loss of a beautiful baby girl. Madeline Alice Spohr passed away last week. She was 17 months old. I don't know the Spohrs in person, and up until last Tuesday night I had no idea who they were, but upon hearing their story, my heart shattered into a billion pieces.

Sometimes, Death is a welcome relief to the pain and suffering of our loved ones, but other times, it sneaks up on us and steals those who are most precious without any warning. It is truly heartbreaking to read the posts, and see the pictures of a small, tiny being who was here so briefly, yet touched the hearts of thousands. Life is our most precious commodity, but we take it for granted so easily.

It's a very strange feeling to grieve for a family that you don't know, to mourn the loss of a life you had no connection to. Upon reading what happened, I spent hours reading previous posts, adoring pictures, and felt the sudden sadness that she was gone. I can only imagine the pain that her friends and family are going through. I have nothing to give except my words, my thoughts, and my prayers for them. It's amazing the power of the internet has. In less than a week, over $30,000 has been donated in Madeline's name to the March of Dimes Foundation. News spread like wildfire, and the internet as a whole came together in support.

It's inspiring.

If you're interested in donating to the March of Dimes, please go here.
2 Responses
  1. Auburn Kat Says:

    That really is sad...


  2. Mandy Says:

    It is a sad story and yet incredibly inspiring the way the blogging community has come together to support this family.


Post a Comment