Ohmygoshi
I had a date last night!!

Ok, not that kind of date, but a Blogger one! Last night I made plans with the lovely Magda to meetup for wine and flatbreads at the delicious Enology.

One of the great things I love about blogging is the relationships you build with others through a few tip taps on the keyboard. Friendships made through the bits and pieces we choose to share with each other. Friendships not based on status, or money, or a "popular" factor. It's wonderful, and when those friendships can translate over from the computer to real life, it's even better!

It was nerve wracking at first. What if she thinks I'm weird? What if we have NOTHING to talk about?! What if she thinks I'm nothing like she thought I would be?! Luckily, last night couldn't have been more fun. We sat and chatted for hours, enjoying cocktails, wine, yummy Pesto Flatbread, and eventually margaritas. We exchanged blogging stories, and swapped favorite memories and Christmas traditions. We filled each other in on details that had been purposely left out before. It was such a great time! She promised to introduce me to some of the other bloggers, and I can't wait!

Yay for meetups!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to stay in DC past May. Got any ideas??
Labels: , , | edit post
6 Responses
  1. magda Says:

    You are entirely adorable, and it was so, so good to meet you! You described the night perfectly. It's a strange thing, knowing but not knowing; wondering if what you think you'll get is actually what you'll end up with, and what to do with it from there. Everything lined up so well last night, though! One of the many reasons I'm so happy for this wild adventure called blog.

    Now we'll have to work on keeping you here :)

    xo!


  2. chickbug Says:

    so fun! Blog dates are weirdly awesome.


  3. Magda is such a fabulous lady, and I cannot wait to meet you. :D


  4. Mandy Says:

    I love the relationships I have with other bloggers. I've only met one irl but I definitely plan on meeting many more. Just one of the big reasons I LOVE blogging.


  5. Kate Says:

    I've never met any of my DC blogging folks in real life... sounds fun!


  6. Lexiloo Says:

    I heard about your date with M and I am looking forward to meeting you too!


Post a Comment