Ohmygoshi
As my college career is coming to a close, lately I've become more acutely aware of my surroundings. I've found that, in a way, a lot of things are coming full circle for me. It's interesting to look back 3 and a half years and see what's changed. Let's look at some comparasions:

2005
  • My first semester, was the general business class with all the freshman and Professor S.
  • I had four classes my first semester
  • My roommate was from South Korea
  • The Veronicas had a "'hit" song out
  • My group of friends was relatively small
  • I was oh-so-very-single
2009
  • I have class just for seniors with the same Professor S
  • I'm only taking four classes my last semester
  • My roommate is from Brazil
  • The Veronicas reappear after a 3.5 year absence with another "hit" song
  • My group of friends, while different, is still pretty small.
  • I'm still oh-so-very-single...
While you may not think these are at all significant, they are to me, and they're things that I've been thinking about lately. I don't know if I'd consider these to all be "signs" or what have you, but I do think that it's a nice way to come to the realization that college is over. I've had 3 and a half really great years. I learned more about myself and met some great people. I don't have many regrets, and I'm still confident that my school was the right choice for me. That being said, it's almost over now, and it's time to move on. And I get it. Just as I was four years ago when I was ready to graduate High School, I'm ready to move on past College. I think that this reappearing "pattern" of events in my life, is closure and, in a way, it's perfect.

Have you ever had these moments when you realize certain sections of your life have been completed? Did they present themselves in a nice little package?
1 Response
  1. magda Says:

    It really is amazing how things come full circle like that. The longer I've lived (and, I suppose, the more I spend time looking back), I increasingly notice patterns like this. Sometimes it's eery, sometimes it's comforting. Somehow, though, it all makes sense.


Post a Comment