Ohmygoshi
Um hello last day of 2008...when did you get here?!
In 2008 I...
This year was finally my year to turn 21! I said goodbye to the fears and anxieties of fake ids and said hello to many more hungover mornings. My brother graduated high school in May and started his first semester in NYC. It's kind of surreal to think that all the younger people I grew up with are graduating and college-bound.

I learned that, to some, the word "friendship" doesn't mean much. It kind of sucks to be so easily de-friended. I guess I don't understand how someone just stops being friends with another person. But you live and learn, and with that comes new friends. This year I made a lot of new friends (both in person and through the blog!). They are people that I treasure and I'm so thankful to have found.

I've had some trouble writing this post because I feel like 2008 was mainly a filler year for me. Sure, there were some big events, but for the most part, it was the transition from college to the real world. I've been preparing myself mentally for life after college all year long. It's difficult for me to think that this time next year I will only have a few days for Christmas and New Years, if that. I won't be spending three weeks at home. All my friends will be spread out across the country and we'll all be heading in different directions. For some, it's medical school, others law, and some others will be getting jobs like me.

All in all, I consider 2008 to be very successful. I look at my life and see all the treasures I'm lucky enough to be blessed with and I'm so so thankful for everything God has given me. I hope that 2009 continues to be full of life lessons and growing. I know it's going to be a whirlwind of a year, and I'm excited for what is to come.

Happy New Year.
2 Responses
  1. magda Says:

    For a filler year, it sure sounds like you accomplished a lot! The older I get, the more I count on success by learning and moving forward, even if it's slow ... sometimes you need those filler years to lay the groundwork for what comes next. I'm so excited for all of your possibilities!

    Happy New Year!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    friendship doesnt mean much?


Post a Comment