Ohmygoshi
SO, I was all set to blog last week with a couple of different topics, and then my midterm went horribly wrong on Thursday, so that pretty much depressed me for the rest of the weekend. NOT a fun way to start Halloween!

But here I am, on a temporary reprieve from my sadness (which is sure to return Monday with the return of said midterm), and I thought I'd go ahead and fill out some random facts about me that Magda tagged me for. I was actually planning on doing something similar earlier this week anyways, but I guess great minds think alike.

When I get really nervous, I talk...a lot. It's so embarrassing. I usually walk away thinking "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY?!" Yeah, I usually tend to ramble on and on, or try to be funny, and that just ends in crickets chirping. I always know when I'm doing it, but it's like tourettes, I just can't help myself.

Sometimes, while I'm waiting for the metro or the bus, I'll make up stories that I think belong to the people walking past me. I usually try to figure out what kind of day they are having just based on their faces or eyes or the way they carry themselves. Did you know Washington D.C. is the city with the most plain clothes spies in the world?! They're ALL OVER THE PLACE! I try to see who I think would be a spy. It's a fun little game that keeps me entertained for hours.

I absolutely LOVE mac and cheese. Seriously. I heart the Kraft version, it used to be the only kind I ate, but I've widened my variety. And I'm always on the lookout for new types of mac and cheese. Next time I'm in NYC, I'm makin' a beeline for S'Mac. When I do eat it out of a box, I prefer the spiral kind.

Another thing I LOVE, possibly more than mac and cheese, DIM SUM! words cannot express how much I enjoy dim sum. There's this place we go to at home that has the BEST dim sum in central fl. Seriously. We usually hit it up after church on Sundays, because that's when the ladies will walk around with their little dim sum carts and you can just pick and choose what you want. My brothers and I love to make a game out of counting the number of white people in the one-room restaurant. Our mom included, there's usually about 3 or 4. A lot of mixed families go in, which warms my little half-asian heart.

Sometimes I cheat when playing candyland with a four year old. But I have my reasons! When it's been a long day, and we've made a deal that it's bedtime after this last round, and he's so close to the top with King Kandy, and I see his next card would be the dismal Gingerbread Man alllll the way at the beginning, I switch some cards around. I'm not sorry either. I'd much rather hear him gloat about winning than hear him cry about how I "always win!".

I have two wedding songs picked out...despite the fact I don't have a groom yet. Or even a boyfriend. I'm super excited for them too, because I'm pretty sure they're still fairly unknown (at this point), so hopefully they won't be too exhausted by the time I actually get to use them. If they are, I'll be super pissed.

For tagging I'll do....
LindzML
Kevin from Two Wangs Do Make A Right
Chickbug
aaaaaand You, whoever that may be.

Happy November, let the Holiday Season officially begin!
2 Responses
  1. Lexiloo Says:

    maybe there should be a dimsum cart in DC....I think that would be an excellent addition to the city!


  2. magda Says:

    I'm seriously so excited that it's November. Almost time for the red starbucks cups, yaaaaay!

    I TOTALLY make up stories for random people, too. It's such a great way to pass the time.


Post a Comment