Ohmygoshi
Things are finally starting to fall into place, and I'm beginning to settle down into a routine. Yesterday I stepped outside for a small walk, and I felt the cool breeze ever so slightly rush by. It was late afternoon, and the sun was starting to set, giving out it's last burst of orange sunlight. It was then that I knew, fall is on it's way.

I love the fall and holidays that come with it. I love the reds and oranges and browns and the crispness of the air! I love the crunchiness of the leaves on the ground, and make it a point to step on as many as possible. I love football season, I love the fall wardrobe with it's sweaters and long sleeve shirts, when it's cold enough to require a sweater, but too warm for a heavy jacket. I love the thought of Thanksgiving and Christmas being right around the corner, and the all around cheeriness of the season. I love that this year, Thanksgiving is going to be filled with all kinds of family and I don't even have to get on a plane to get there. I love the smell of food, enveloping a warm house filled with sounds of the season. I love the way the sun looks in the afternoon, making the colors pop even more. I love that people do things just because "it's the holidays". I love the busyness of the shopping malls and downtown Georgetown, how everyone, myself included, is shopping with a distinct purpose of finding "the perfect gift" to the tune of Jingle Bells playing in the background. This year the air is tinged with even more excitement with the upcoming election in November.

Full confession: another great thing I love about the fall/winter: the red Starbucks cups! I don't know why but they just make me happy! As soon as I see someone walking with one, I make a beeline for the closest Starbucks to order a piping hot cappuccino or white chocolate mocha.

I love wearing hats and gloves and scarves and boots. I love to see the Christmas trees in the windows and the colorful lights on the houses. I love the soft glow that comes from sitting in a room with no lights except those on the tree in front of you. I love that it's a time for family and friends.

I love that fall is on it's way!
5 Responses
  1. Ben Says:

    Amen. Fall is the greatest and I have butterflies knowing that it's on its way!


  2. Lexiloo Says:

    I agree! I hope fall comes to DC very, very soon! I love wearing turtleneck sweaters, and I love the leaves crunching as you step on them. Oh yes, and I also love the red Starbucks cups :)


  3. magdathunder Says:

    This post has totally made me so happy. I love the fall too, for all of these reasons.

    And the red cups. Yes yes yes. I always know they're coming, but they always catch me off guard in the most delightful way.

    Sweater season is totally my favorite :)


  4. Z Says:

    I love this post because I feel this way, too!


  5. Gooseberried Says:

    Me too! I especially love the smell of chimney's burning! Eeeee!


Post a Comment