Ohmygoshi
I'm on the search for a new roommate. My current roomie is movin' out to a place closer to the Hill. I always get anxious when it comes to roommates. My freshman year, I lucked out. She was an exchange student from South Korea, and she ROCKED. I was the typical super excited freshman, and I even called her once before we got to school. Because I'm awesome like that. She was so sweet, and once spent 40 minutes in Chanel trying to decide if she wanted to spend the $400 on a new purse or go on a trip to Japan with her boyfriend instead (she opted for the trip to Japan, but then he broke up with her...I told her she should have bought the purse...).

Sophmore year, she elected to move off campus, and I stayed on. SO I took a random room assignment, and acquired a new roomie. That was a big mistake. Looking back, it was rude of me to pre-judge her, but still...my judgements were right. She was weird. And rude. She had no problems keeping me up late watching tv (my tv btw) but when I would start to watch something she'd say, "Um...I'm about to go to sleep" in most annoying voice ever. Here's my favorite story, after she'd kept me up super late the night before, and I had two back-to-back classes starting at 9:55 am, I was back in the room and damnit I wanted to watch some tv. She was sleeping in bed still at noon. I turned on the tv, but then turned the volume almost all the way down, we're talking like level 8 here. She wakes up and starts whining "noooo turn the tv off!!" I promptly ignored her. She eventually woke up and said to me, "YOU KNOW, if I wanted to be told when to wake up, I'D STILL LIVE AT HOME". First of all, it was almost noon, it's not like it was 8:30 am. Second of all, she practically controlled my tv every other waking moment. And finally, I got less sleep than her, because I had to wake up and go to CLASS. I yelled back, she yelled some more, and it eventually ended with me slamming the door in her face, and my friends laughing down the hall.

Good times. She was a keeper. I think it's mainly her fault that I booked it the hell off campus as soon as I could. Apartment life is awesome. No rules, no RAs to worry about...except that whole rent thing, that one really sucks. Especially living in NW DC, where rates are a bitch. Anyways, I have a couple people interested in the place, so we'll see how that goes.

On a different note, um...hello August, where did you come from? Is it just me or is 2008 ALMOST OVER? What the deuce? I'm on this train called College Life for only a few short more months, and then it all comes to a screeching halt when I'm kicked off at the REAL LIFE stop. I'm also on the hunt for a job/internship for the fall, preferably one that's paid. If any of you readers out there have a hookup in DC at a PR or ad firm, let me in on it!! I promise I'm a good worker!

I'm off to pretend to be productive today...wish me luck.
Labels: , , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Anna Says:

    I'm also finishing up my life as a college student...it's bittersweet. I am on the lookout for a job or internship in PR or event planning, as my degree is in Journalism (Strategic Communications). I don't know of any jobs in DC (I live in KS) but I'll let you know if I hear of any!


Post a Comment