Ohmygoshi
I've been very stressed lately. As of this moment, I have no roommate, no internship, no sofa, no dining table, and a very large rent to pay.

I've had a couple of leads for a potential roommate, but so far, none of them have gone anywhere. We exchange a few emails, and I get really excited, and then I never hear from them again. It's a little disheartening actually. What am I doing wrong that's turning these people off?! Of course, that's a silly question, because I've never met any of them before, and they've probably just found better places to live. But still...it hurts. I've got a little more than a week til I move back and I'd like to have a roommate secured by then. It's difficult when I live in the most expensive neighborhood in the district. Nobody wants to pay the astronomical prices for an apartment, trust me, I don't either. But I HAVE to find a roommate, there's just no question. I'm nowhere near prepared to have to move out and find another place to live, that would just cause so much more stress in my life.

Trusting and having faith is very difficult for me. I like to be in complete control, even though I know I never am. I have to constantly remind myself that God is in control, and only Him. I know that eventually, things will work out. Either I'll find somewhere else to live, or I'll find a roommate. One of the two. I'd just prefer it to be the latter

I've been stalking Craigslist like crazy. It's always open, and I'm always on the lookout for different furniture items, and people who need housing. I was talking to a friend about this, and he said that Craigslist was just like an online garage sale. To which I said, "Exactly, except I don't have to continue to get in and out of my car in the summer heat. Instead, I can look at sit in the air conditioning and not have to worry about insulting the owners when I make faces at the hideous things they're trying to sell." I see a lot of IKEA stuff on Craigslist. In fact, all my apartment bedroom furniture is Craiglisted IKEA products. New IKEA furniture can be so damn overpriced sometimes! Is it really necessary to charge $200 for a piece of wood with fabric attached and call it a "chair"? I don't think so. Or how about $90 for a big wood box. And $450 for a big wood box with doors?! Oh wait, it's brown. That makes all the difference. I see it now.

I'm in a peachy mood.

My Gmail is another thing that's always open, so that I can see it immediately when I get a response from one the 14,623 emails I've sent. It bugs me that I respond with lightening speed, and others take 14 hours to send a one lined response. It's almost like they have real lives to attend to or something. It also bugs me that I can't link my Gmail accounts. Like everyone else, I have separate "professional" and "play" accounts. I like to keep my "professional" one open all the time, but all my blogs on my Reader are on my "play" account. So after I've stared at the inbox for an hour and nothing new has come in, and I've exhausted every corner of Craigslist and facebook is boring me to death, I like to check my reader for new blog updates from my favorites. Except I have to log out of the professional account to check the other one, and WHAT IF SOMEONE EMAILS ME AND I'M 5 MINUTES LATE CHECKING IT?! This could be the difference between a life on the streets or in my cozy overpriced apartment! This thought process usually subsides as soon as I start sifting through my reader and I'm distracted by other people's thoughts. But then I remember. And I rush back to the other account. And then I'm disappointed because there's nothing there. It's a vicious cycle.


Whatever, I'm calling it a night, folks. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
1 Response
  1. chickbug Says:

    hope you have better luck today! keeping my fingers crossed.


Post a Comment