Ohmygoshi
You know, I complain -- a lot. I complain about my car, I complain about my hard drive (may it rest in peace), I complain about my brothers, I complain complain complain. I've been trying to focus a lot of my energy to not complaining, but often times that just ends with me complaining about not complaining.

A couple weeks ago I discovered Matt, Liz and Madeline, and after spending hours clicking through the heart-breaking posts and beautiful pictures, I realized, my life is so good. Matt and Liz were at the peak of life, high-school sweethearts, married in 2005, expecting a baby and deliriously happy. Then within a brief blink of an eye, their entire world fell apart - Liz passed away the day after the baby was born. This blog is a chronicle of a man struggling to make sense of what's just happened while trying to raise an infant all on his own, from picking out girly outfits on his own to dealing with strangers giving him funny looks.

The poetic prose is tragic and inspiring all at the same time. It's hard to get through an entire post without tears rolling down your face. Yet, I also find his strength and courage to look into the future to be that extra something special that only few are blessed with. His daily updates with accompanying photos and sometimes video, can't help but make you smile at the incredible beauty that is Madeline. The outpour of support for these two is incredible. Strangers friends from all over the world send their love, encouragement, and gifts for baby Madeline. It's kinda cool, actually. One thing is for sure, that baby will not suffer from any lack of loving. She's barely 4 months old and she's loved by hundreds.

It's a huge reality check for me. It brings me back to earth and makes me see everything that I do have. My Mom is one of my best friends, and I can't even begin to imagine my life without her in it. I encourage all you readers to take a few moments and read some of his stuff, it'll really open your eyes to the beauty of life.
5 Responses
  1. chickbug Says:

    you beat me to it! i did the same thing...found it recently (Storked!) and spent hours reading.

    it has captured my heart. i mean, the engagement ring on the pinky finger. makes me tear-up just thinking about it.


  2. Jamie Lovely Says:

    I love that blog so much.


  3. wow... thanks for sharing. I'm also a big complainer- BIG TIME. But these things really put things into perspective..

    La Petite Belle
    http://lapetitebelle.typepad.com


  4. Z Says:

    I, too, love that site and am amazed by it (them) every day


  5. melanie Says:

    I followed you here from Matt's blog and yes it has also made me shut up and be grateful for what I have.

    Congrats on the baby! I had a little girl in April and it has been quite the wild ride but lots of fun.

    *melanie from www.meli-mello.com


Post a Comment