Ohmygoshi
It is with a heavy heart that I report that Dr. Randy Pausch has passed away. He was 47. I've blogged about him before, he delivered a "last lecture" in September that swept the nation. His mantra on life was truly inspirational. I'll never forget his lecture, and the messages he delivered with just a few words, "We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand".

Here was a guy who had only months to live, yet he was choosing to live, not to die. He could have given up months ago, but he fought to give as many memories to his children as possible.

How awesome it must have been to have had a dad like that.
Labels: , , | edit post
2 Responses
  1. chickbug Says:

    he did amazing things with the last years of his life. what a wonderful lesson for all of us.


  2. i know *exactly* what you mean. I watched the entire lecture, and I swear that is my religion. I'm not religious but the stuff he said... that's what I believe in.

    ~La Petite Belle
    http://lapetitebelle.typepad.com


Post a Comment