Ohmygoshi
Thursday was just one of those kind of days. The ones that make you want to scream at the top of your lungs and then push the rewind button and do it again. The kind that makes you want to pause and hit the left button to RESTART the entire day.

It was not pretty.

I should have known it was going to be a bad day when I woke up and attempted to change my laptop battery only to break my nail so far down it bled. Two days later...it still hurts. OH and the battery ended up overheating my computer (Hi Dell, I HATE YOU) so I went back to the original one. My nail died in vain.

After recovering from the blinding pain in my finger, it was back to cleaning. We were in a bit of a rush because we had family coming in and the house needed to be at least halfway decent for them. Our Ohmygoshi Home Makeover is far from over, in fact, family being in town will probably set us back by two weeks. But they're family, so you do what you gotta do.

Anywho, as I was swiffering the downstairs, I asked my brother to please come down and empty the dishwasher. Two hours later...it was still not done. I was pissed, and I let him know that. It was pretty much the shout heard 'round the world. This spawned a massive argument between brother and myself.

The BEST part of my day was when he decided to sit down in front of my computer, (which I had brought to the kitchen so I could listen to music on it) and since he didn't like the music I had playing, and I had locked the computer, he thought the smartest thing to do would just be to hit the "power button".

When I fired it back up again, I got this pleasant black screen with alittle message telling me that the "NTOSKRNL.EXE file had either been corrupted or was missing".

Awesome.

I don't even know what that means. But I do know that my computer won't start without it. Brother felt no remorse. At all. In fact, he told me it was my fault, because I'm such a horrible person. He's a real gem. My computer still won't start up. I've googled the problem on one of our other computers, but the solutions don't seem to be working. Tomorrow I have to call up Dell and waste my Saturday on the phone with them. I think I'll do it by the pool with a delicious Pomogranate Cosmopolitan at my right hand.

This pretty much ruined my day. I whined and cried about it all day long. He doesn't get that it was MY property he destroyed, nor does he care. If it had been the reverse situation, I'd be lucky to still be sitting here typing this out. He would of had my head served to him on a silver platter. But no, it wasn't him hurting, he's getting a new laptop in a month or two anyways, why care about mine? I was ready to cut a bitch.

Family arrived with their THREE dogs to add to our two dogs, two cats, and three (caged) mice. Did I mention that one of their dogs is part Rottweiler part Mastiff part Bear? He's huge, and my dogs....are not. There were a couple of nasty little incidents that involved a dog of ours and a dog of theirs, and it was usually over food, but other than that it's been alright.

I've also been kicked out of my room and been declared the official "go for" girl. "Ohmygoshi! go for this for me..." "Do that for me!" "Get me water!" "put this away" I have interviews lined up for mice who can dance and talk and sing to be my little assitants and make me a dress.

Speaking of Cinderella, my mom's been doing a lot of research into our background, and apparently we have a relative way back there named Cinderella. Who ACTUALLY names their kid that?? The original girl's name was Ella, and the Cinder was added because she was always covered in the fireplace Cinders....CINDERELLA WASN'T HER REAL NAME.

Ugh...this weekend better improve. And by improve I mean be filled with martini influenced memories of lounging by the pool and pretending I'm on South Beach.
3 Responses
  1. firelotus Says:

    yess cosmo's always make things better! but remember, things could always be much, much worse


  2. Gooseberried Says:

    Eek! That sucks! Hope your weekend turned out better for you. I hate Dell and I hate selfish little brothers. I've had both at one point. ;)


  3. magdathunder Says:

    Hope things are looking up for you! Rough days suck. The upshot is, they always end. Happy end-of-monday, and here's hoping this week has better things in store for you!


Post a Comment