Ohmygoshi
I occasionally listen to my favorite radio station from home via the interweb. On the weekdays, DJ Stick does this thing called "War of the Roses", and it's where someone calls in the station suspecting their other half isn't being so faithful, so Stick calls the other half pretending to be offering a free bouquet of roses, all he needs is the name of who the roses should be sent to. The point is to catch the other person sending flowers to someone other than the original caller. Make sense??

It's pretty awful to hear some of the reactions, especially when they've been busted cheating. I cringe at it's awfulness sometimes, but at the same time, it's pretty hilarious. I get excited when I hear it's coming up. What's wrong with us (namely me) that we enjoy other people's pain?? The other side of the argument is should we really feel bad when these people get busted for cheating??

Today's call came from a guy serving overseas (we'll call him Joe). He and his buddies listen in like I do, and his gf told him that they had "stuff to talk about" when he got home. According to him, she was being all shady, and not wanting to talk about it over the phone. So...Stick, calls up the lady, and offers this free cruise to Mexico (instead of Roses) and all he needs is the name of the other person going on the cruise. She says "uuuumm... I want to take BEN!" At which point
Joe goes "WHAT THE F*CK?!" and she's all "hello? how are you listening to this???" and he's all "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! YOU'RE LIVING IN MY HOUSE! ARE YOU F*CKING ON MY BED?!" and she's kinda silent and then goes "AH...NO" so you know she is. It went on and on, and in between my laughs of hysteria, I felt bad for this poor girl. She didn't want it to happen like this, and she wanted to tell him face-to-face. He was pissed because she should have just done it a long time ago, which she should have...But still, she was crying, and I felt bad.

Oh well, at least I'm still part human.
Labels: , | edit post
1 Response
  1. LindzML Says:

    Wow. That SUCKS for Joe. I feel super-bad for him. Also: I took a 5 hour nap yesterday which is why I never called you back. I still love you. Let's order the tickets today.


Post a Comment