Ohmygoshi

ok...actually it was a few days ago, but I've been too busy enjoying summer to post about it (I know that the actual first post is dated May 5, but that was added only recently so I could link to it on the "more about me" tab). A year ago today I was actually in Rome, Trastevere to be exact, enjoying pastas and wine and little cafes in piazzas, I know, woe is me. There were a lot of commas in that sentence...oops.

I'm quite proud that I've kept this up for a year now. I've tried multiple times to have a "blog". My first attempt was way back in freshman year of high school on Open Diary, unfortunately those posts were all randomly deleted by the site. Over the years I've had my fair share of "xangas" and "livejournals" but I like this format the best, which is probably why I've stuck with it.

I've been thinking a lot about my blog title, "When In Rome..." Do you think I should change it since I'm no longer there?? I feel like it's slightly misleading since my adventures are more stateside based than Roman. But at the same time, I like what it represents. It was a summer of new beginnings for me. I can't help but relate the blog to Rome since the reason why I created it was to keep records of what I did there. I have vivid memories of sitting in the internet cafe updating my blog about fabulous trips to Pisa and Venice, and I probably always will.

Although there are no Colosseums or sailing trips across the Mediterranean Sea planned for this summer, there are trips to Myrtle Beach and Miami planned, along with various nights out with friends. I'm looking forward to another year blogging my way through this thing called life.
Labels: , , , | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Jamie Lovely Says:

    I want to go to Italy so bad!

    Happy Blogiversary!


  2. Linda Says:

    It's also an expression which according to wikipedia is "used to advise people to adapt to the culture of places that they visit" which could be apropos to all of life.


  3. chickbug Says:

    happy blogiversay!


Post a Comment