Ohmygoshi
Thanks for all your kind words and support. They really helped. I'm much better now, and promptly moving on to the next chapter of my life.

Things I'll miss in D.C.:


-Pure Barre - Despite the fact that about halfway through I always regret coming, I still go back for more because I love it that much.

-Exploring. This weekend, we went to The Regent for delicious Thai food and drinks (I highly recommend the Peach on The Beach. It tastes just like grapefruit juice!) on Friday night, and Luna Grill for brunch on Saturday. There are other fabulous places all over this amazing area!

-The family I sit for. The kids can be a hassle and drive me crazy, but they're still uber cute.

- The area. D.C. just has this incredible ambiance to it. So much history, and it's the center of everything. It's something really cool. I'm going to miss seeing the Washington Monument towering over the buildings from the city, or getting a breathtaking view of Capitol Hill while on a late night drive. I think anyone who's lived here will agree that there's something special about the area.

-Cat and Poonja Pooja. Two of the coolest people I know. Who else am I going to drive all over D.C. with thinking of new abbreviations for words with??? Cat is so funny. She lives in her own world and will talk your ear off with her philosophical wisdom, even if you look at her like she's crazy. She gets that a lot. She expresses herself through her words (much like someone else I know). She's got the biggest heart, and will be the one to hold you up when you get stabbed in the back. Through her, I've gained new appreciation for freestyling and hip hop. If you'd told me back in high school that I'd be such great friends with these two, I probably would have doubted you. In high school, I think Pooja and I spoke a total of 10 words to each other? Maybe a few more. It's not that I didn't like Pooja, she just kinda smelled. Luckily, she got over that, and now she smells like all the best Dove products in the world. She's kind of an alcoholic, but it's ok, med school does that to you, just ask Meredith Grey, who spends most of her time in a bar writing witty and inspiring monologues...No seriously, I'm so happy that I know her (Pooja, not Meredith. I don't know her. She's fictional). She doesn't mind driving me home at midnight, or 3 am. She brings home cupcakes, who doesn't love someone that brings home cupcakes?! She's also someone that I find I can relate to a lot. While Cat may pick you up when you're down, Pooja will be the first one there to sew you up and hand you a cupcake to make you feel better. And then she'll tell you how incredibly amazing and awesome you are, all the while you're thinking the same about her. PLUS, she hangs with all the med school boys. I fully intend to use her connections to score myself my very own rich doctor McDreamy. I'm sad I have to leave Pooja in her crazy med school world (who REALLY cares about Endocrinology anyways??). Whatever will I do without her??

I'll be back in the fall, natch. ;)


Things I'm going to love about home:

- Having a car. It's so frustrating to not be able to just get in my car and go. Being dependent on the metro and buses SUCKS. I have a hard enough time being punctual as is, let alone with late metro bus drivers.

- My mom. She's great, and I love to hang out with her. She and her best friend usually get together for drinks, and now I can tag along and not have to be DD, that will fall to the youngest in my family, mwahahaaha.

- The Coffee Cafe. How I love thee. So many good nights spent drinking coffee or wine there. I'm sure there will be many more.

- Seeing old friends, I can never get enough of them.

- Vacationing. I think Moms and I are headed up to Myrtle Beach this next weekend, yay yay yay for tanning on the beach!! I've also got a trip or two down to Miami in the works as well. Woot woot. My goal is to be a nice golden brown when I return.

- Guruv Yoga!! Get into the Guruv! The owner of this studio is awesome, and I will follow her wherever she goes.

- Gettin' my hair did. It's going to happen at least once this summer. I promise.


I'm looking forward to a lot of other things too! Yay for the summer! now on to the packing and cleaning. Oh look, something shiny....
2 Responses
  1. firelotus Says:

    I LOVE YOU! you are too kind :) i will soon write a blog about how awesome YOU are!

    ~cat


  2. Linda Says:

    awwww. You like me. You really like me!


Post a Comment