Ohmygoshi
I am in no way, shape, or form, the world's tidiest person. Currently, it looks like my closet threw up on all over my room. Lots of clothes strewn about here and there. I can clean my room up and then a week later it'll be covered in clothes again. Mess does not bother me. However, dirty is something that I can't stand. I firmly believe there is a clear difference.

Currently, my kitchen is disgusting. My roommate hails from New Hampshire, where apparently they don't have bugs??? See, in the SOUTH if you leave food out, the bugs will come. He doesn't get this concept, so he makes all kinds of foods and then leaves his dishes by the sink. UGHHHHHHHH. I can't tell you how many times I've had to clean the kitchen from top to bottom just because it's given me a nervous breakdown. I've even gotten down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floors (it's a small kitchen). I regularly wipe down all the burners with wipes that I've bought for the apartment (along with the 24 rolls of TP, Paper towels, air fresheners, and the occasional groceries that I know he uses...does he really think I won't notice that the ONLY stick of butter was gone? I just used it two days ago, I know how much was left...). Also, his definition of "cleaning the kitchen" is simply putting dishes in the dishwasher, not even rinsing them beforehand! Our dishwasher is by no means strong, so it's not going to get all the food off if you haven't at least rinsed the dishes. I stuck a fork in my mac and cheese only to discover it was covered in some black sticky stuff after I'd already taken a bite. I nearly vomited on the spot.

My roommate's sister actually warned me that in their house, the kitchen was fought over by the parents, so neither of the kids really do any work in it. Um, what? I distinctly remember one of my chores growing up being "do the dishes", was I the only child to be given this job? I thought it was a great gift all parents utilized - make the kids do the dishes. I certainly plan on my children doing the dishes, or at least their own damn dish. The point is, I know HOW TO DO THE DAMN DISHES AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE FUCK HIS PROBLEM IS.

Now excuse me, I have to go clean the kitchen.
Labels: , | edit post
2 Responses
  1. LindzML Says:

    Oh man...there's a similar problem at the Apartment 'O Cyclists as I now refer to it. I absolutely lose it and have to kick the guys out and clean it top to bottom about every 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. Bobby did it last time and got so mad that he laid down the law, and all the boys are finally picking up the slack.

    The same thing happens to me at camp: did these parents really not teach their HIGHSCHOOLERS how to clean a sink? USE A VACUUM? (I've really had to teach a 17 year old to use one before. I can't imagine going off to college without those skills.) I'm sorry it's happening to you, but at least you'll be home soon!!!


  2. Jamie Lovely Says:

    I'm not a fan of cleaning either! Your roommate sounds kind of gross. I'd totally freak out on him! haha


Post a Comment