Ohmygoshi
I don't really understand why some people do the things they do, and I never will. Sure, it's easy to point out the faults of others, but why be so mean about it?

To be completely honest, I had a really really bad day today. From the very moment I woke up, to the very moment I decided to call it a day. Nasty comments from people who don't even know me didn't really help either. But you know what? It happens. Life happens. In the midst of my own personal pity party, I came to the realization that I have too much going for me to really let the small stuff get to me. I'd be lying if I said that I was completely un-phased by what was said, I am human after all, but honestly, I can't let it get to me. And I'm not going to. Sure, bad days happen, people say mean things, and reality is never as pretty as you want it to be. But there are amazing days, when people say the nicest things, and, even if just for a moment, life is absolutely perfect. Those are the days that I live for. Those are the days worth living for.

That being said, I'm not going to apologize for anything that appears on this blog, and I'm not going to ask anyone else to either. It's original purpose was to share my experiences while away from those I loved. It still serves that purpose.

If you've never heard of him, I strongly encourage you to look up Dr. Randy Pausch. I try and share him with as many people as I can. He is a person so filled with life, and his message is so strong, that it will leave you breathless. The "Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" lecture is a little long at an hour and a half, but it's completely worth it. I've watched it a couple times in the last few months, and it always reminds me of what's good in life. It's definitely changed the way I look at life, and how I try to live life. He did a shortened version of the lecture on Oprah (where I first found him). Both the short and the original lecture are phenomenal, and worth watching. Don't forget the tissues.

1 Response
  1. LindzML Says:

    Holy Moses, what photos of me do you have in your room? I see one in the corner of that picture that is deeply unattractive.


Post a Comment