Ohmygoshi
I have my first regret of 2008...I think. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, I'm really jealous of some of my classmates that are studying abroad in Japan right now. There's no better way to pick up a language than to go to the actual country and submerse yourself in it. I originally decided not to go this semester because I wanted to be in the United States for my 21st birthday, where I could celebrate it in all it's glory. But now that I look at it, does it really matter that much? The end result is the same no matter where I am. Did I really sacrifice all that opportunity just for one night of drinking and possibly puking? Studying abroad was one of the most amazing experiences for me. Not just for the studying part, but because of all the new people you meet. The bond that is created between you and those other people is incredible, and is a big part of the experience.

On the other hand, if I had decided to study abroad, I probably wouldn't have gotten an apartment last semester, and I wouldn't be as close of friends with some of the people that I am now. I would have been stuck in the dorm for an extra semester, and probably not enjoying it. I also probably would have had to push back graduation, or drop a specialization (neither of which I want to do), and I probably wouldn't have gotten to go the school I wanted to go to in Japan (Keio University).

It's just something I've been struggling with. It's the second time I've turned down going to Japan to study. Though this time I'm not so sure I made the right choice. I like to think I did, but still, there are times when I question myself, and my reasons.
Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. LindzML Says:

    Whether you know it or not, there were other things that affected your decision to stay in the U.S. I definitely understand why you're questioning your decision, but I know that wasn't your ONLY reason. Either way, I'm glad you made it, and remember: NO REGRETS!!! Everything is the way it is because it needs to be that way. God will show you why you need to be here sooner or later. I love you!!


Post a Comment