Ohmygoshi
...unless you ALMOST witnessed the downfall of the Patriots, only to watch the Colts lose it in the last quarter. damnit. SO FREAKING CLOSE. So close in fact, that my roommate screamed "EFF YOU" (except he wasn't so censored) at me after I let out a "woot woot" when the Colts scored again. I promptly covered my ears and shouted back "lalala, I'm not listening! I'm not listening! I'M NOT LISTENING LALALALA." He was pissed because I'm not a Colts fan, but I am a fan of the Patriots losing, and any team that can do that will win my upmost respect. I'm tired of hearing his shouts of "YES! NICE!" or "HAHA NICE!" or his standing on the sofa screaming "TOUCHDOWN! YES! I EFFING LOVE YOU TOM BRADY" (again, his version was more colorful). It gets annoying. And after last week's disaster of a football game between the Redskins and Patriots, I was fed up. I'll continue rooting for whatever team is playing against the Patriots, I'm hoping that one day it'll be a huge upset and they'll be dethroned by some terrible team in a game that can only be compared to the Michigan/Appalachian State game. If they win the superbowl - God help us all. The Red Sox have already won the World Series, why do the Patriots need to win? WHY GOD WHY? I don't think i can handle his obnoxiousness for that long. At least the Patriots were humbled today with a meager 4 point win. Hopefully that'll scare dear old roomie enough to SHUT UP, but I'm not holding my breathe on that one.

Anyways...one of my favorite parts of football is when players of opposite teams pat each other on the back and joke with each other on the field. It brings it all back to the fact that it's just a game. Sure, it's their job to entertain America every Sunday for millions and millions of dollars, but really, at the end of the day, it's just a game. The world does not end if your team does or does not win. It may sting a bit at first, and you may not be pleasant to be around for a few days, but we all move on and get on with life.

That being said, I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE PATRIOTS LOSE THEIR FIRST GAME.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment